Friday, November 18, 2016

today . . .





Our temperatures have been a little warm, but the weather has changed enough,
 especially the last couple of days, to feel and enjoy the change of seasons.
 I think I need that change - or rather I change right along with the seasons . . . and I need that.
It changes my routine and my way of looking at things.  I seem to slow down and find joy in things a little easier this time of year.  I read more.  I enjoy cooking and baking,  I pull on an old, cozy sweater that has been softened by years of wear and drink my coffee outside because the day feels beautiful and glorious and I don't want to miss a minute of it.  I love to just be home.  We light fires in the back yard.  We go for rides in the country . . . and sometimes we just wander.  I love this time of year!

"Summer ends, and Autumn comes
 he who would have it otherwise would have high tide always and a full moon every night; 
and thus he would never know the rhythms 
that are at the heart of life. 
~Hal Borland

1 comment:

  1. What fabulous lace! Thank you for the inspiring quote, which I really enjoyed, and stopped to think about.
    I also thought of you last week when I was visiting my dad and took time to go into a little craft market in the nearby city. There was a girl with a stand of origami, including sweet little earrings with tiny little folded cranes (which she coated with some sort of finish like Mod Podge or varnish, and beads dangling from them. She was folding more tiny cranes while she sat at her stall.
    I did buy a pair, but they are very dangly and get caught in scarves, so more for the summer, I think.

    ReplyDelete