Monday, October 23, 2017

new little Shabby Charlotte doll . . .




 I finished this doll yesterday.  There is just something about her that makes me smile.
Maybe it's her skinny little legs . . . or her crazy red hair . . . or her simple smile . . .
Whatever it is - I just like how she turned out.
I made this doll for a little girl who asked if I could make a doll that looked like her drawing.  It isn't exact, but close enough.  Her mother had bought a couple of dolls from me a few years ago for her and her sister . . . so she was aware that I make dolls and since she has been asking me about it for two weeks,  I couldn't wait to give it to her this morning.  I wish I had a picture of the smile on her face when she opened the package.  This was fun to do.  Lily also drew a picture that I am turning into another little doll . . . she wants brown and blue hair????  I can't wait to get started. 

2 comments:

  1. How sweet. I bet she was thrilled - what a special doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's cute! I bet her new owner just loves her. She looks a little Irish with that red hair :D.

    ReplyDelete