Tuesday, February 12, 2019

I love love . . . .

“Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. 
Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE.” 
― Joss Whedon
 Still doodling on this one.  I spent more time reading than anything else this weekend, but I am trying to find some time each day to MAKE.  
I think I am letting Winter get the best of me.  My goal this week is to put an end to that and get myself in a creative uproar . . . but then I may just pull out a blanket, get myself a cup of tea, and continue reading the book that I can't seem to put down.  
It is an older book by Stephen King - Bag of Bones.  I have read Stephen King for years - not because I enjoy horror stories . . . but I like the way the man tells a story.  


Last Friday was my 60th birthday.  
Everyone kept asking me what I wanted to do.  Did I want to have a party?  Where did I want to go to dinner?  I chose to stay home, turn the living room into a fort by hanging tapestries from the ceiling and have a sleepover with Lily.  I tend to like things simple I guess.
Then we ate in the fort, read in the fort, watched movies in the fort, slept in the fort, had the whole family hanging out in the fort . . . 
and then decided to leave the fort up so Charlotte can see it later this week.  
Am I really 60 years old?  
"Aging is not lost youth, but a new stage
of opportunity and strength." 
~ Betty Freidan

1 comment: