Thursday, December 31, 2020

kids in a box . . . 30 years later



 I have wanted to recreate this photo for years.  The original was taken I believe in 1989 . . . 
It has always been one of my favorite photos of the four of them.
We had gotten a new tv . . . and of course being kids, they were more excited about playing in the box than watching the tv.
We finally did it!  Richard pieced together a bunch of cardboard . . . the kids recreated their clothes.  They were good sports doing this for me.  I laughed so hard when Sarah walked out in her pink sweats and black patent leather shoes.  Then I laughed again at Jacob's expression when he saw her. 
30 years . . .
They have grown up . . . most of them have become parents themselves.  I have watched them become adults . . . but they will always be my kids.   



2 comments:

  1. Boxes were always fun, weren't they! I remember the time we found some wooden motorcycle crates at the dump and my dad brought two or three back in the trailer. We got years of use out of those! It must have been great fun recreating this, I'm sure everyone enjoyed it. The detail in the red sweater is amazing!

    ReplyDelete