Thursday, July 26, 2007

Summer Colors

There is always some small thing that makes me happy and I try to enjoy all the small stuff. Life throws all sorts of things at a person - and the big events and happenings are obvious (both good and bad). But so much of life is made up of small, everyday things that are so often taken for granted. I figure if a person can find some joy and happiness in all of the small everyday stuff - they will spend a lot of time feeling a little happier and overall more positive - which can only help you deal with some of the not so pleasant things that happen.
So I have been taking time to do a pedicure every week and using some of these fun summer colors. Plus they look great sitting out together. My husband just shakes his head when I make him come and look at the nail polish on the shelf and how pretty it looks - but I tell you - finding joy in all the small stuff really works. I even get a smile out of him when I carry on about silly things like lime green toe nails.

"I feel like a tiny bird with a big song." ~ Jerry Van Amerongen
"Joy is not in things, it is in us." - Richard Wagner

No comments:

Post a Comment