Thursday, March 1, 2012

love and rubber bands

Lot's on my mind today . . . nothing of great importance really . . . well - I guess that my biopsies all coming back good is important and great news.  I mentioned in an earlier post that melanoma seems to always be floating around in my head somewhere - waiting for biopsy results brings it more to the front.  So I am very thankful for good results.
I've also been thinking about love today . . . I guess talking to everyone I know -  all in different stages of relationships - has me thinking.  I listen to my friends - both young and not so young, both male and female - and it seems we all may be attracted to different types of people - but basically we all have the need to love and be loved.  It also seems that the fear of commitment and getting hurts seems to get in the way.  I watch people protect themselves and hold back - yet - when it comes to love I think sometimes a person just has to abandon their fears - and take the chance.  Especially if it feels right.  Then I see others put their heart out there - only to be hurt - and that makes me feel sad for them.  A broken heart can be hard to fix - although they can be fixed and many times stronger than before.  I guess I have always been a hopeless romantic - and at my age sometimes I do realize that is sort of a silly way to be.  I thought I had lost that silly romantic part of me for awhile - but I found it again and in finding it, I think it reinforced how I feel about love.  Although now - I am more of a realistic romantic.  I do know that if you plan on spending the rest of your life with someone - you better love them enough . . . enough to get through what life throws at you . . . enough to make it work . . . and enough to make it work and still be true to yourself. 
I'm thinking about completely silly things - like . . . how great my rubber band ball has become, and how cute the two little girls are, who visit me in the morning and have started their own . . . and how good my new Peace Sign air freshener (vanilla/coconut) from Bath and Body smells.
My mind is also full of ideas today - of things I want to make and things that I have to get done.  I just need to find the balance - so I have time to do the things I need to do as well and the things I want to do . . . and a little time left over for everything else. 
Time to get busy . . .

1 comment:

  1. It is so good to hear that you had good news about your biopsies. I am laughing at your rubberband ball. Would you believe that I have a rubberband ball too! My boss likes to bounce it when there's no one around, which is not too frequently as you know.

    Sometimes I think we're a cross between a psycologist and a bartender, except we have no couch and no booze, and definitely no tip jar!

    ReplyDelete