Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Fun Mail


I recently received some "fun mail" - that I have been meaning to post about. 
 I started reading one of Lorraine's blogs called Friday CPR (stories from an elementary school office which simply made me laugh - since I work in an elementary school office) . . . anyway - I started looking at her other blog and couple of weeks ago there was this post . . .http://papervernissage.blogspot.com/2012/02/this-little-piggy.html 
 I left a comment and in return had this pig mailed to me.  It is my job to decorate it.  I think I needed some "fun mail" - It seems like mail isn't as "fun" as it used to be.  I communicate through e-mails, and Facebook . . . thanks to cell phones - I can call my mom every day - without running up a huge phone bill like I did 30 years ago.  These things are nice - but there seems to be less "fun mail" . . . not as many letters or cards in the mailbox as their used to be.  So I received a boxed pig  and some things to decorate it . . . and even better it was in a box stamped with . . . Pigs - of course.  Receiving this pig in the mail was part of the fun for me.    I don't usually comment to do things like this - but maybe the "Iowa Girl" in me was drawn to this project of decorating a pig.  For whatever reason . . . I now get to decorate a pig - which I have started working on.   I will post that when I am finished.  Thanks Lorraine - great idea!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you like your "fun mail". I'm looking forward to seeing how much fun you have with your fun mail!

    ReplyDelete