Thursday, January 10, 2019

Happy New Year!

The past couple of years I have chosen a word for my year.  Sort of way to get me thinking and keep me motivated in areas that I think I need take care of.
In 2017 I chose the word FAITH . . . oh how it was tested and how I grew in my faith.
Last year I chose the word CHANGE . . . with some specific things in mind.  About half way through the year I felt like I had let myself down and was not making the changes that I so wanted to and needed to make.  Life has a funny way of working out . . . and the last part of the year was filled with so many changes that started me on a journey the has changed the course of my life.
Some day I need to go into more details about that.

So this year - 2019.  
I have decided to not be quite so serious (Life is serious enough without making it more so.)  
So I have chosen the word CREATE.  
I need to create more . . . I need to get back to this blog . . . 
and I need to use creating as part of my journey.  
So this year I will write . . . and sew . . . and stitch . . . and paint . . . and take pictures . . . and doodle.
Along with that . . . I will find joy in the small stuff.
I will play and be silly.
I will LET GO AND LET GOD!
I will be messy.
I will PRAY - and enjoy this life that God has given me.

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Clare! I hope you spend lots of time CREATING this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let go and let God - that's a hard one! Creating and getting messy is easier. Blogging regularly is harder!

    I hope they all work out for you in 2019. I just love all those rich colours and patterns in the throws.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the creating helps me relax and will hopefully help the "Let Go - Let God" come to me a little bit easier. It is something I really need to do. :)

      Delete