Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Reading

b I just finished "The Kite Runner" - and decided after finishing it and looking at this stack of books I want to read this summer, that I could have chosen some lighter reading. Hopefully I will get them all read - I have a lot of other things I want to make and do. I started a baby afghan for Jennifer - very simple pattern - but it still takes time. It seems like there are never enough hours in the day to do everything I want - but I can always find time to read every night before going to sleep.

“The greatest gift is a passion for reading. It is cheap, it consoles, it distracts, it excites, it gives you knowledge of the world and experience of a wide kind. It is a moral illumination.”
~ Elizabeth Hardwick



1 comment:

  1. I have finished 4 books already this summer, it could actually be 6, but I can't remember. Jody Picoult is the author I am hooked on at the moment.

    ReplyDelete