Friday, July 4, 2008

Timber!

Jake called me at work on Tuesday and told me a tree branch had fallen in our back yard. It turned out to be nearly half the tree. We had some heavy winds this Spring - you would have thought it would have gone then - but for some reason it waited - and not even a breeze that day.
The boys helped Richard get it chopped up and off the roof - luckily there was no damage to the roof.
I don't know what Richard is doing here - probably just hot and thinking this was not the way he wanted to spend his afternoon - It was 100 degrees outside - so not a day to be outside working during the hottest part of the day. He cut the tree up for firewood - we can at least us that this winter.
The worst part - is it broke my clothes line.
"From a fallen tree, make kindling." ~ Spanish proverb


1 comment:

  1. I used to LOVE my clothes line, so I would of been devasted:) I am counting the days!!!!

    ReplyDelete