Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Had a great day!

I have officially been off work for 3 days - only 3 days and I am exhausted. I am getting so much done . . . but then there is so much to do. I am loving every minute of it though.
We did not intend to trim trees today. The day started with Jake helping clean some leaves off the patio roof. Ordinarily this would have been done this Spring - not at the end of June when it is nearly 100 degrees - better late than never I guess. So Jake got on the roof and cleaned off the leaves, then he decided to trim the branches that hung over the house. Next thing I now he is climbing the tree with a saw. . . (after spraying it with water to make sure the were no hidden spiders - the guy hates spiders!!)
Not a huge branch - but what a mess and a lot of work it created. I have to call the city tomorrow and arrange for a pick up.
Tomorrow we tackle the garage . . .
Lily came for a visit. Always a treat for us. She went swimming - and entertained us all the whole time she was here.
Jake and I cooked dinner. I probably wouldn't have taken a picture - but I had to get one of Jake wearing the flowered apron. We had fried rice, pot stickers, and sweet & sour chicken.
Great Day! - I love summer!
"The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise man grows it under his feet." ~ James Openheim

No comments:

Post a Comment