Thursday, June 7, 2012

little girl colors

For some reason this little beanie gave me trouble from the moment I started it.  A simple little beanie - and I've made dozens of them . . . but at first I was off on the count as I increased each row.  Not a big thing when it comes to a simple little beanie - I could have just kept crocheting, but being slightly OCD - that doesn't work for me.  When I finally got it going right - the yarn had a big dirty section.  Again not a big deal - just cut the yarn and keep going.  When I decided to use the eyelet - I grabbed the wrong piece after I had cut it to fit and sewed on a piece that was too short (something I didn't discover until I was nearly done).  I take this as a sign that I need to spend more time doing stuff like this. 
I like the eyelet trim. 

You can' really tell from the photo - but this hydrangea is the biggest one I have ever seen.  A little girl gave it to me at work this morning.  They are her favorite flower - and she knows how much I like them too.  She told me that when she is grown up she is going to plan her wedding around the time of year that their hydrangeas are in bloom. 

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes that feeling of accomplishment when you finally finish something giving you a headache is so much sweeter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like I had never crocheted in my life - I was just glad to have it over and done with. :)

    ReplyDelete