Monday, June 25, 2012

Weekend stuff

We found this great little bakery on Friday. 
We weren't looking for a bakery - but it was next door to the place we were going.  Too cute not to check out.  Not a full bakery I guess - mainly cupcakes.
They had a great selection of cupcakes . . . it was hard to decide what to get.
We went with the French Toast and Bacon.  Delicious!  Now I want to go back and try some others . . . I am thinking I will try the Salted Caramel one next time.
 We spent the weekend doing things around the house.  I had this old cabinet that I painted, stained, and gave it a new look.
I have done this to a few pieces of old furniture that I have found . . . just painted it with flat black paint.  Sand the edges to expose some wood - then go over with stain.  Easy, inexpensive, and I love how they look.

Richard went to work with a chainsaw and turned the trunk of a tree that we had cut down into a couple of benches for the back yard.
 We got so much done in the yard.  We weeded flower beds and brought in quite a bit of dirt.  I think we were both exhausted by the time we finished up on Sunday. 

1 comment:

  1. Sure sounds like you got a lot done. That exhaustion from getting things done is so totally different from work exhaustion - don't you think? I see you're going for a little bit of the salty with the sweet in those cupcakes. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete