Thursday, July 26, 2012

Some days are like that . . .

9:45 . . . just about done with the carpets and the hose gets plugged - so no steam is coming out  (this is what started the 4 hour process of getting it to run earlier in the morning).  We only have about a 4 foot by 5ft area left.  We decide rather that take the time to undo the whole thing (which we know how to do now), we used an upholstery cleaner to finish the last part. Finally . . . done.  10:05 . . . out of nowhere a top cabinet shelf falls and everything on it slides onto the floor (lots of glass, vinegar, and pink sprinkles).  Richard and I just looked at each other and laughed.  Luke helped me clean up the mess.  I kept thinking things like . . . at least it happened now and not Saturday while I had company . . . at least it was mostly vinegar (that is a good cleaner anyway) . . . at least it wasn't the shelf below - there would have been flour and sugar everywhere.  Sadly, the Mickey Mouse cookie jar that we have had since Luke was a baby did not survive the fall.  Since the bed was full of all the stuff that needed to get up and out of the way while we cleaned the carpets - Richard fell asleep on the floor, Luke was on the sofa (on the patio) - playing video games.  I finally laid down around 12:30.  My bed of choice - the love seat in the dining room.  I was so tired that I couldn't fall to sleep - my mind kept swirling around all the things that I have to get done today. 
Some days are like that! 

1 comment:

  1. I am sad for your Cookie Jar, but glad that you could laugh. There's nothing like a little minor catastrophe now and then to put us over the edge.... or very near it. Rest up!

    ReplyDelete