Sunday, December 8, 2013

Winter night out . . .

It was a beautiful night . . . although it was cold.  In spite of the temperatures we decide to go downtown to the Christmas parade.  I intended on taking more pictures, but I was much happier with my mittens on . . . so I only snapped a few.  Just a simple, old fashioned parade with marching bands, scout troops, old cars, trucks, and a few horses . . . lots of lights and Christmas carols . . . cold, but fun!
The window displays are my favorite . . . I am thinking we need to go back another night without the crowd and parade . . . and hopefully some warmer temperatures - just to take some more pictures. 


Back at home - I brewed a pot of coffee, poured myself a cup - complete with whipped cream and enjoyed the warmth. 
 
"As long as we know in our hearts what Christmas ought to be, Christmas is."
  ~Eric Sevareid
 

No comments:

Post a Comment