"To live a creative life, we must
lose our fear of being wrong."
~ Joseph Chilton Pearce
I seem to like my practice painting better than the other things I am working on,
but I am thinking of it as a process . . . and I always try to ENJOY THE PROCESS.
I'll just have to see where this crane painting goes . . . I don't like it - but who knows . . . I still might.
Now that I think about it, I do that when I make dolls all the time. When I don't like how a doll is looking . . . I know that eventually I will come up with something and then I will like it. Hopefully that happens with painting also. (Enjoy the process . . . right?) I probably need to paint more like Charlotte . . . just paint . . . and then proclaim, "Look, it's so beautiful!"
We can learn a lot from children!
This weekend went by way to quickly, but then weekends have a way of doing that.
The weather was everything you could ask for on a weekend . . . perfect for being outside.
We even had a small surprise thunderstorm last night . . . nothing huge, but enough thunder and lightening to make sitting on the patio while watching Fear the Walking Dead a little more fun.
GOOD THINGS THIS WEEKEND . . .
1. Charlotte's help watering the garden
2. Lunch with Jennifer and Lily
3. Working on my rock peace sign in the backyard (finally)
4. Charlotte wanting to paint rocks.
5. Sarah coming over . . . staying late . . . and drinking champagne
6. A little thunder and lightening
7. "Love Suds" Open House . . . a friend of Jennifer's makes her own natural and organic spa products. They are wonderful!
8. Sitting outside reading
9. Richard making a fabulous dinner
10. A relaxed, lazy Sunday . . .