Tuesday, May 3, 2016

painting every day . . .

Whatever you decide to do.
Make sure it makes you happy.




I found these pieces of cardboard last night when I went to put something away in a drawer.  (Who knows why I keep some of the things I do.)  Looking at them I thought they would be perfect just to mess around  with - with some doodles and paint.  I gave them a coat of gesso and now I have a whole stack of little pieces to play and experiment on.  My personality - who I am truly needs to create something every day  . . . whether it be a doll or a doodle or just a little painting on a piece of cardboard.  I also believe that the more I paint . . . I may just find myself painting what I want to paint.  I may just be able to put the ideas in my head on a canvas and have them look the way I want them to.  My goal . . . to paint something (not matter how small) everyday.  I am thinking that can only lead to something good.
Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love to see a jar full of brushes!!! It holds so much promise.
    I remember reading an article about painting warm-ups, just as we would do for music (scales), or exercise - and that a daily warm-up, even if you're not creating to keep, achieves a lot. Sounds exactly like what you're doing with your pieces of cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful goal. Sounds like you have everything in place to ready, set, paint.

    ReplyDelete