Saturday, March 17, 2007

It's A Boy!

I have given two baby showers in the past 5 years. Both times I have had so much fun. This past one was for my friends daughter and we had such a great time. I was most excited that the baby was a boy. It seems like every baby I have had to buy something for recently has been a girl and being the mother of two boys - I always have fun when I get a chance to pick out girl things. But to me there has always been something special about a baby boy.
My own boys are 19 and 24 years old now. I sometimes think it would have been nice to have had a daughter, but I think I would have felt like I missed out if I had not had a son. God blessed me with two sons - and they are so completely different it amazes me. I am very close to both of them - Their personalities are very different - and my relationship with each of them is just as different. I don't think I really expected to remain as close to them as they got older. I had this idea they would sort of outgrow me or something. But I guess that doesn't really happen - they just need me differently than they did when they were younger.
I think about how quickly the time passed and miss the days when they were young - but I also enjoy the relationships I have with them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment