Saturday, March 24, 2007

Sadie


This is Sadie. We have had dogs in the past, but more for the sake of Richard and the boys. After putting our dog Kirby to sleep, I did not plan on ever getting another dog. The boys are grown up now and I have always preferred cats to dogs. Then along came Sadie. Jacob mentioned that a friend of a friend that someone knew - or something like that - had a basset hound that they were wanting to give to someone. Did I mention that I did not plan on getting another dog - ever? The next thing I knew Jacob brought the dog over to show us - and I was at Pet's Mart acting like a grandmother shopping for her first grandchild. We have had her about a year and a half now. I was hooked from that first day, but since then she has found a way into my heart - something I did not really expect.
She got out of our back yard one day this winter, and she was missing for nearly 2 days. I was not prepared for how I felt thinking that I may not get her back.
"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would have thought of that!'" ~ Dave Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment