Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter Sunday

"I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?" Jesus Christ - John 11:25, 26)


I enjoyed putting out my Easter decorations this year. Here are some eggs I painted a few years ago. I saw a cute idea for some eggs I wanted to make this year - but I was busy crocheting beanies and baking this week. Today I baked a pineapple upside down cake, a chocolate cream pie, and a banana cream pie. We had an untraditional Easter dinner (Ham did not sound good to me). Richard barbecued chicken with a Hawaiian BBQ sauce and I made fried rice and broccoli/beef. I am trying new recipes these days. I am really getting the hang of making cream pies - I want to try a coconut cream next.
Richard thought the boys should dye eggs. We only boiled a dozen - not nearly as many as when they were little. Jennifer and Josh stopped by - so they joined in. It was fun to watch and listen to them. I am glad Richard came home with the egg dye kit.This was a lot less messy than when they were small.




1 comment:

  1. Okay, now I feel like the biggest loser...my boys didn't even dye eggs. Actually it did not even cross my mind this year. I think it is great that Richard brought that home..how fun!! See those big boys are still kids at heart:)
    Also, is Jacob a Duke fan, cuz they lost already but so did some other good teams.

    ReplyDelete