Sunday, March 15, 2009

Green is my favorite color!

“If you're lucky enough to be Irish,
then you're lucky enough.”
We had our St. Patrick's Day a little early this year. Our friends could not make it for dinner on Tuesday - so I made corned beef and cabbage last night. I will have to come up with another Irish meal for Tuesday.
Our friends have two young boys and I always like to give them something when they come over. These glasses twinkle when you push a button on the bottom - so we filled them up with green soda of course and let them twinkle away.
Green bread of course! This meal is becoming a tradition in our house as big as Thanksgiving. I felt like I had cooked all day - but enjoyed every minute of it. My Grandma Kubicek (who was Irish) - always made green bread on St. Patrick's Day - so I am keeping that tradition going.
Richard was also thinking green this week - he kept bringing home green candy. The shamrock dish full of green Jelly Belly's seems to have disappeared - not only does Jake like Jelly Belly's, but the green watermelon flavored ones are his favorite.
I believe these little shamrock cups belonged to my other grandma (who was German - not Irish, but hey, her last name was "Green"). So we had a wonderful evening - good food, good friends. And we still have St. Patricks' Day to celebrate on Tuesday!!!

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment