Wednesday, May 23, 2012

recycled t-shirt bracelet

I made this bracelet out of strips of t-shirts.  I had hoped to make some more before posting a photo - but it was late, I was tired, and it has been so long since I posted about something I made - that I wanted to get it on here.  Simple - but thought it was fun. 
I cut the strips about an inch wide - then stretched them.  I am going to try cutting some strips a little bit wider for a thicker bracelet.  After I braided them - I cut off the ends and sewed the two ends together making sure I caught all the loose ends.  Then I tied another piece of t-shirt in a knot over where I had stitched the bracelet together - then simply trimmed the ends.  Now I have to see what t-shirts I can cut up for some different colored bracelets.

 . . . notice the Melanoma awareness bracelet - please take the time to watch "Dear 16 year old Me" on my side bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment