Monday, May 7, 2012

rust and sparks . . .

My friend gave me these old metal lawn chairs.  They are a mess . . . but my grandma always had chairs like this on her front patio and I love them because they remind me of her.  So we decided to take a shot at painting them.
They were so rusted that Richard had to cut off the bolts - in order to get the chairs apart.  This was worth it just to see the sparks fly.
It would be easier to take them and have them sand blasted . . . but when do we do anything the easy way.  I started sanding them - and it shouldn't be too hard to get them ready.  After that a little rustoleum and I can paint them.  The hardest part is . . . what color?  Grandma's I believe were always painted green and white.  My goal is to finish sanding them tonight - if time allows and get them painted this week. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good project that will get you great results and something functional besides. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete