Tuesday, May 6, 2014

stuff along the way . . .




Just some pictures along the way today.  I went for a walk/run at lunch.  I had hoped to get three miles in, but the sky was telling me it may be a better idea to cut it short and get back to work.  I also may have gone further had I not kept stopping to take pictures . . . but that is half the fun of going.  I did get in two miles - in spite of threatening clouds and stopping to take pictures.  The rose was little worn, but was poking out of that fence just waiting to be noticed.  The hollyhocks for some reason reminded me of The Wizard of Oz . . . which made me smile and enjoy them even more. 
I found these two cards while I was finishing up my last half mile.  I really don't believe in the meanings of cards and such things . . . in fact, as weird as I can be - things like that just don't go along with my beliefs at all.  For some reason I picked them up and for some other reason I looked up what the cards meant.  I can't say the cards were sending me a message . . . but with anything like that you can usually find a way to relate it to what is going on in your life in some way.  It did make me think, and it did make me thankful for something a friend talked to me about earlier today . . . and it did make me take the time to thank her for being a "Queen of Hearts".
 
"The years teach much
which the days never knew."
 ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful hollyhocks. You find the most interesting things along the way!

    ReplyDelete