Friday, February 19, 2016

making wishes . . .

The soul is healed by being with children.
~ English proverb
Yesterday I had plans to come home from work and get some things done.  I was going to do some laundry, paint some journal pages, make an early dinner, and do some cleaning . . . but Charlotte was there and asked me if I wanted to go to the park.  I have learned that life is short and it can change in a moment . . . and little girls are only little girls for so long, so we went to the park.  It was an easy decision.    
The walk to the park was an adventure in itself.  
She was full of wonder and questions that are unique to a three year old girl.  She asked me out of the blue if I liked her eyelashes, she found wishes to be made, and she told me one day that she would be a big girl . . . don't I know how fast that will happen. 
I didn't get any laundry done, my house still needs cleaning, and we ate a little late . . . 
. . . but there were wishes to be made!
Happy Friday! 

1 comment:

  1. It's not just "take time to smell the roses", it's also "take time to make wishes", and you do it well.

    ReplyDelete