Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Project

I just have to post a picture of this sweet little thing with her sunglasses. I can't begin to explain how much joy I get from her.
I think Sadie was wondering exactly what we were up to yesterday - (I love when she looks at us this way.) Luke and I have been wanting to plant a small vegetable garden. So that turned into our Mother's Day project.
We took this spot . . .
(Sadie is back there watching and wondering.)
. . . and put in this raised bed. I am so excited. We are going to grow tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, garlic, and possibly some green onions. I am also thinking of having Richard build an arbor over the back side and whether we need it or not - I am going to have to have a cute scarecrow.
I have some other pictures of the boys working - but they are on Luke's camera. I will have to post them later. It was a wonderful Mother's Day - having both the boys out there working on this. I have to order some top soil - then get some plants going.

"A garden is a delight to the eye and a solace for the soul." -- Sadi

1 comment:

  1. THis is so awesome. I can't wait to see theproduce when it comes in!!!

    ReplyDelete