Friday, May 29, 2009

Thunder & Lightning

We never get lightening like this. I love thunder and lightening and it is one of the things I miss about the Midwest. We had quite a show last night, and thunder that rumbled and cracked. It was above us and all around us. It was great!
We watched for quite awhile - Luke with his camera.
He got a few good shots.
The power behind a storm like this is amazing.
We watched as it moved toward us - you could feel and hear it as it a came closer.

"The wise man in the storm prays to God,
not for safety from danger,
but deliverance from fear."
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME pictures!! You know you could move back here : ) we seem to have thunderstorm weekly. I heard the rumble of thunder last night, that awoke me from my beauty sleep!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I love a good thunderstorm!
    Hey, Clare-who-spells-her-name-just-like-I-do, thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete