Thursday, November 17, 2011

Flowers from Mattea

My friend's granddaughter attends the school where I work. Once in awhile - she hangs out with me in the office before school. This morning was one of those mornings - so we had to do something fun. She made me these wonderful flowers using my sticky notes - I love them. I think I said yesterday that flowers make me happy . . . these special flowers make me even happier.


I went to the dermatologist yesterday . . . she did a couple more biopsies on two different moles. I consider myself so lucky that my melanoma was found early and I am more than happy to have her test anything she thinks looks suspicious on my body. I am a little more anxious to know the results this time - but until then I will try not worry about it . . . and of course I will - but that is when I will pray and turn those worries over to God.


"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow,


it only saps today of it's strength."


~ Leo Buscaglia

1 comment:

  1. Hi Clare,
    Glad your melanoma was caught early! Keep vigilant and have all changes in your skin and moles checked out pronto! Educate your friends and if you have children or siblings, please make sure they understand that their own risk of melanoma is now greater and they need to stay vigilant. There are great sources for info out there. Two are Melanoma Research Foundation (melanoma.org) and AIM at Melanoma (aimatmelanoma.org)
    I also write & admin Melanoma Prayer Center on FB and you can stay in touch through my Rev's page if you'd like or email me carol_c_taylor@yahoo.com
    There's a world of support out there, Clare. Use us! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete