Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Nice Day for a Walk

I haven't posted in a few days. Richard and I have been home trying to feel better. I ended up with an infection in one of my incisions and he is battling two bulging disks in his back.

The other day we had to get outside - the first thing I thought of before going for a walk was sunscreen - that is a good thing. Funny after being told I had melanoma and learning more about it (I had no clue) - how it has changed my outlook of being in the sun.
Richard's back actually gave him less trouble when he was on the bike. It hurt like hell getting on and off - but I think it was worth it to him just to get out and do something.

These berries are just beautiful. I was wondering if I could somehow make a wreath out of these branches. Years ago I made a wreath by soaking a straw wreath in water then sticking in evergreen cuttings. It stayed green and fresh the whole holiday season. Although I would have to go get cutting off trees along the street - that may not be a good idea.

It was such a beautiful day with the leaves falling and the sun shining. I can't say that today is so nice. It was so foggy this morning and looks like we won't see the sun today. But I like those kind of days too. We had a nice Thanksgiving - sort of quiet but we really do have so much to be thankful for this year . . .

"If the only prayer you said in your whole life was, "thank you", that would suffice." ~ Meister Eckhart

No comments:

Post a Comment