Sunday, August 5, 2012

Beanie for Charlotte

I had started this beanie before Abbie's baby shower - and finally had time to finish it today.  It is a little big - so that it will fit her this winter when it gets cold.  I tried it on Owen today to see how it fit - now I have to get busy and make him some beanies for this winter.  Although my next project will be a crocheted cocoon for Charlotte to take her picture in.  I met the photographer that took Abbie (and Luke's) maternity pictures.  (hopefully they will get them this week).  She is a wonderful young woman - I thought I would crochet the cocoon for Charlotte's photos and then just give it to her. 
I feel like my days of sewing, crafting, crocheting . . . are sort of coming to an end with me starting back to work tomorrow.  As much as I like my job - I will miss the extra time that I have had to do the things I love to do.  Due to some craziness in my life - I had gotten out of the habit of making much of anything.  I have worked hard at finding myself again and doing the things that make me happy.  So I am making a promise to myself to find some time each day to work on a project or create something.  It is what I love to do more than anything.  That is a promise that I am probably going to have to work hard to keep . . . time always seems to be an issue with me . . . never enough hours in the day to do all the things I want to do . . . but I can try to make the most of the time that I do have. 

1 comment:

  1. I have to wholeheartedly agree - not enough hours in the day to do all that I want. I hope you find the time to keep your creative spark going. There is something therapeutic about it. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete