Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Catch of the Day

I decided last night to make a birthday present for my friend Jessica.  Why don't I get these ideas a week in advance is unknown to me.  But once I had the idea - I had to make it.  So it was another night staying up until one o'clock . . . this time sewing beads on a fish softie.
I love how it turned out. 
Jessica loves to go fishing . . . in fact, yesterday at work - every time I talked to her she mentioned fishing, wanting to go fishing, or how much fun she had this past weekend while she was fishing.  : )

You can't see them - but there are fishing quotes on the back of each of these little fish.

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work.   ~Author Unknown


If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.   ~Doug Larson


I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there.   ~Robert Altman

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.        ~ Henry David Thoreau

If fishing is interfering with your business, give up your business.  ~ Alfred W. Miller
Happy Birthday Jessica . . . looks like she can now go fishing at work.  : )
I love giving handmade gifts . . . especially when I get an idea that really fits a person.  It is fun working on something with a certain person in mind.   Jessica loved her fish.  I think I loved making it more. 

1 comment: