Sunday, August 26, 2012

peace, love, patch

 
 
My favorite pair of shorts were started to rip in the back - so I took some time to patch them today . . . sort of just reinforcing them with a piece of fabric behind the denim and sewing over and over the area where they were starting to rip. 
I decided to add a little embroidery - it made the patch a little more fun. 
 I had a favorite pair of jeans in high school - that my mom patched over and over again - until there were probably more patches than original jeans.  Years later she made me a bag out of those jeans . . . I am going to have to dig that bag out and use it one of these days.   I think I will also keep mending and embroidering on this pair of shorts as they continue to wear out and see how they end up.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment