Tuesday, April 28, 2020

JOY . . .


I truly believe that you can find JOY in every day . . . and in doing that life is a bit easier.
Still working on this - (the painting and doodles - not finding joy) . . . I do that every day!

We celebrated my mom's 90th birthday this past weekend.
Not exactly as we had planned - but it was really nice.  My brother decided to make the trip to celebrate her birthday even though we postponed the full party.  (We now have to find a date where we can use the taco truck we had arranged . . . maybe we will use that to celebrate the day we can get everyone together again.)  We were able to get most of her grandchildren and great grandchildren to participate in a "Zoom" birthday party?   We all sang Happy Birthday and she blew out her candles.  I had baked pie for her birthday, but Avery she had to have a birthday cake - so thanks to Avery - she had a cake also.  
Talk about JOY . . . it was the kind that brought tears to our eyes.

Clay being Clay - he didn't stay long, but it made the weekend so special for her.  



I asked people to send mom birthday cards.  This was really fun!
She ended up getting more than 70 cards!  It took her awhile to go through them all.
There were fancy cards, old cards, handmade cards, recycled cards, photographs, cards from family, cards from old friends, new friends, and people she didn't even know.
JOY!


I love this photo of Mom and Dad on their wedding day 70 years ago
April 15, 1950


A lot of life lived in 90 years.


The secret to living well and longer is: 
eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds as if you still managed a pretty good celebration for your mother's birthday, I'm sure she enjoyed it so much. She looks wonderful - I love the character written in old faces. Very photogenic, I think.
    And the cards must have been such fun for her to look through and I'm sure helped make for a special day.
    I'm intrigued as to what the three things that last forever (but are obscured by the birthday flowers) are. Is it as simple as faith, hope and love? Now you have me reaching into the recesses of memory for the exact version my grade school teacher used for the three things that never come back - the arrow shot forth...the spoken word and something else...it should be opportunity, but I'm trying to recall exactly what she wrote those many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three things will last forever—faith, hope, and love—and the greatest of these is love.
      Corinthians 13:13
      After I looked at the photo - I wished I had moved the flowers so that was visible.

      Delete