Saturday, April 7, 2007

Corks & Quilts

The finished cork board that I made - it took a couple of days for the glue to completely dry. I have to figure out where I am going to hang and get some cute push pins for it.
I started to fix an old quilt of Richards. It is really in bad shape and the fabric is so thin. I would almost say it isn't worth fixing, but his grandmother made it for him. I may have to make it a little smaller because some of the pieces are so torn.

This used to be the batting. It has been washed so many times over the years that there was not much left. I am going to fix what I can - get some new batting and I will have to get new fabric for the back. I really like the colors in it - I think Richard will really be happily surprised if I get it back in good shape.
"A quilt will warm your body and comfort your soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment