Saturday, April 14, 2007

"Hippy" Bag






It has taken longer than I expected to get this little bag done. I started it the last day of my vacation and didn't get back to it until later in the week. I finally finished it last night. I used this old fabric because this was sort of a practice bag - I think it turned out great. I don't remember why I bought this tye-dyed fabric in the first place. I have had it for years - the kids made pillow cases out of it once and it has come in handy with some last minute hippy costumes for Halloween. When trying to decide what to sew on the bag I remembered the beaded buttons I had cut off a sweater that I had years ago and the heart on the ring is an old earring. I guess there are some positive things about keeping everything - because they were exactly what I needed for this bag. I really wasn't trying to make a little hippy bag - but I love the way it turned out.
"Feelin' groovy" ~ Simon and Garfunkel

No comments:

Post a Comment