Sunday, October 26, 2008

Halloween Grins

Each year - I look forward to getting something new for Halloween - to add to my decorations. This was a gift from my friend Marcia. It is such a cute figurine - I was thrilled with it. He sits on my desk at work - and smiles his Jack-O-Lantern grin all day.
Another new doll that I made - the photos make her look a little morbid, but she really is sort of cute in a voodoo sort of way. Her hair has some glittery yarn in it, she has shells around her neck, and some black feather boa material around her waist. I think she is really fun - but then Halloween is my favorite holiday. Jennifer and I named her Melinda.
I had originally painted this doll body black with the intention of painting bones on the doll to look like a skeleton - but I didn't think I could get it to look the way I wanted it to look. So I just turned it into another little spooky Halloween doll. I think they are so much fun to make.
My friend Michelle gave me this yesterday. It is a little glass pot with a live pepper plant in it. Another cute addition to my Halloween decorations. I am going to hate to pack them all up and put them away.
"If there's somethin' strange in your neighborhood / Who ya gonna call?"
— Ray Parker Jr., Theme to Ghostbusters

No comments:

Post a Comment