Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cup of the Day . . .

First cold, rainy day of the year - coffee tastes a little better this morning because of it. How I love rainy days! Richard called this morning and found some good recipes for grilled cheese sandwiches with artichokes hearts and gouda - another one with provolone cheese. So it looks like soup and sandwiches tonight - perfect for this weather.
Of course I would rather be home than at work - but I seem to feel that way everyday lately.

The past few years have been somewhat challenging for me - and work was sort of my happy place where I had control of things. This past year has been life changing . . . and things have gotten so much better. I still realize that I don't have control of everything and definitely not what other people do or the choices they make. I only have control over myself - and how I react to things. I have had so many "Aha moments" this past year - I've lost count of them. The result is a much happier me - although now work is not my only happy place and I think I would much rather be at home on this rainy day . . . October doodles . . .

. . . and Halloween faces everywhere I look.

No comments:

Post a Comment