Friday, October 7, 2011

tennis report . . .

I have been playing tennis for about a year. Actually I have been hitting with Richard for about a year. (He is very good and an excellent coach.) I guess you can say I have been "playing tennis" for about 3 weeks - as in actually playing matches with other women. I finally joined a woman's league so I could actually play - rather than just hit the ball with Richard. Although hitting with Richard is so much more fun.

Last night I actually had fun. I am not used to slow - high lobbing - old lady tennis . . . and that is what the last two weeks have been. UGH!!!! - even worse I lose to these ladies because I have never hit like that . . . even worse - some of them think they have a good game because they win. (I don't want to play tennis like that and my game will not improve playing with people who hit like that.) I don't mean for this to sound bad - I am looking for the positive and realize that I have to start somewhere, but I have been extremely frustrated. Last night I played someone who actually hit the ball and tried to play the game like it is supposed to be played. I still lost - but I felt like I actually played tennis, I won more games than the previous two weeks, and I HAD FUN! My serve was a little more consistent. I am getting much better at keeping track of the score. I actually got to and returned some balls that 6 months ago I would not have even gotten too. (how I wish I had started playing this game when I was much younger - but I guess it is never to late)

I think I mentioned yesterday I get excited about little things . . . I am excited that I am actually wearing out a pair of shoes playing tennis. Having never played a sport - I am way out of my comfort zone. I must say that I am very proud of myself.

Here's to a 3 day weekend! Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment