Monday, October 10, 2011

playing with pancakes . . .

I can always be talked into cheap little kitchen gadgets - especially if they make food fun and silly. We found this at World Market yesterday for $10. I needed this when the kids were small. My boys used to love different shaped pancakes. We used to do Mickey Mouse, dinosaurs, and hearts. I threw the wrapping away and for the life of me can't remember exactly what it is called. A pancake pen . . . maybe? Anyway . . . doesn't matter. You use it to draw whatever shape pancake you would like. I tried making some letters but they were very hard to flip without breaking. I am going to have to practice. I also may have to get something similar with a smaller tip - for better detail. The tip on this one is sort of big. I wanted to make a jack-o-lantern - but the tip being as big as it was . . . it was hard to get a triangle to look right.




By doing the eyes and mouth first then pouring the batter over that. . . I got this smiley face. I hated to see the pancake better run out. This flower turned out sort of cute. By the time I sort of got the hang of it . . . I was out of pancake batter. I really have to get Luke involved the next time I make pancakes . . . I'm sure he will come up with some amazing ones - he sort of has a way of doing that when it comes to anything the least bit creative.

I had the day off today. Which was wonderful!!!!! I started the day playing with pancake batter, and ended the day covered with glitter. I will post my glittery stars tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment