Friday, January 27, 2012

I'm becoming the Crane Lady

 I have been wanting to hang up and display some of the origami cranes that I folded.  I actually would like to do something with all 1000 of them - we'll see how that goes.  It seems like I am spending an awful lot of time on these paper birds - but there is something about them I simply enjoy.
 I am all about using what I have on hand these days.  So an old embroidery hoop, some floss, and some beads - and I have a way to display about 100 of the cranes.
 Rather simple - but I love how it looks when the sun shines through the window. 
One of my friends made a comment that I must have a lot of time on my hands.  Not really - I simply try to take the time to do something that I enjoy and find relaxing - crocheting, knitting, scrap booking . . . lately it is 1000 paper cranes.  Oh yeah . . . and I can get somewhat obsessive with things.  If you are going to do something - do the best you can and do it all the way!
So until I tire of these lovely origami birds - I will continue to post about them - and fold them.  I am going to fold another 1000 - I have a project I just started - you can read about it here - http://chs1000cranes.blogspot.com/

“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” ~ Buddah

1 comment:

  1. I love this. It's beautiful. And when people tell me I have too much time on my hands I tell them that I have the same amount of time as everyone else, I just put it to better use.

    ReplyDelete