Friday, March 15, 2013

Shabby Charlotte Doll - Susan . . .

I wrapped up a shabby little gift today . . . Shabby Charlotte Doll - Susan.  A gift for a very special woman that I know.  She really is a remarkable person!
Shabby Susan has a little sewing bag that she carries . . .


 . . . and her own little pin cushion.

Susan is a little doll as sweet as they come.  She is very thoughtful and believes in being kind.  She also has a strong side to her – that gets things done.  She really enjoys a cup a black tea and on occasion will treat herself to a margarita.  She loves to sew  . . . and carries a spool of thread and a button in her bag just in case she needs them.  Susan has been known to work too hard . . . so she comes with a little purple flower pin to remind her to stop and smell the flowers and to take time for herself.
When I first started dressing this doll - I didn't like here.  (I do that quite often.)  But after I keep trying different ribbons . . . laces . . . charms . . . and whatnot - they usually come together and by the time I write their little story - I end up liking the doll.  I think I had a hard time with this one - because it was for someone special and I wanted it to be a certain way. 
This weekend I have to make another voodoo doll (a boy doll having something to do with hot sauce . . . I'm still thinking about that one).  I have to make a cowgirl doll and a grey haired knitter/seamstress doll.  I am going to be busy.  I have a couple more orders on top of that and I have some ideas for an Easter doll.  I think I better lock myself in my room . . .
I have one more week until Spring Break!!!!!!

* * * * * * * *
On a completely different subject - I had an appointment with my oncologist today.  When I saw him back in December - he found a swollen lymph node under my arm.  This time it was bigger and there is also one in my other armpit.  It has been about a year and a half since I had surgery to remove melanoma . . . because of that - he ordered a CT scan.  I will have that done on Tuesday, and then go back and see him next Friday.  So this is one of those things I have to turn over to God . . . Maybe being busy making dolls is exactly what I need to keep my mind off of it this week. 

If God Brings You To It. He Will Bring You Through It.

I picked up some buttons, a rusty old key, and this cute wool heart pin at an antique store last week.  I also found a couple of old suitcases that I will get a picture taken of this weekend and post about.  I found a place to set them - but the light never seems to be good when I am home to get a good picture taken.  I thought this key would be great on a Shabby Charlotte doll.



2 comments:

  1. She looks beautiful with her shiny strands of hair and that sweet little teapot necklace. Great job! And a great find of those buttons and key. I will be thinking of you this week. I have an MRI coming up that is scaring the dickens out of me but I'm trying to remain calm and keep my blood pressure down(My doctor laughed at me yesterday when I told him that I had been monitoring my BP when I got home from work and it was high. He knows where I work!) Peaceful thoughts friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peaceful thoughts to you too Lorraine . . . I think worrying about things more often is the worst part - I tend to be a worrier though. I'm working on that. Had to smile about your BP - my brother was a teacher and then a principal - his blood pressure was only high during the school year. Let me know how your MRI turns out.

      Delete