Friday, March 8, 2013

When Pigs Fly!

I came home from work the other day . . . late and somewhat tired and found this on my counter . . . It was a complete surprise - and it took me awhile to figure out who it was from.  One of the reasons that I started blogging was to meet new people.   I happened upon a blog one day written by a woman who worked in an elementary school office.  It caught my eye because I too work in an elementary school office.  She posted once a week about something that happened at her school . . . I looked forward to reading her post every Friday and usually ended up laughing out loud and sharing the story with my principal.  I later started following her other blog Paper Vernissage . . . . where last March I took part in her Pigs on Parade
 
This year Lorraine celebrated National Pig Day by sending out these wonderful tin mailboxes . . . sealed with pig duct tape (wonderful touch) . . . It contained a flying pig (so cute - it has a solar sensor on top and the pigs wings move when it is under light., some candy, and a adorable card that Lorraine created herself.  The flying pig stamp is so cute!!!!!
The card is wonderful! 

Lorraine's message . . . inspiring!
I set my flying pig and card on my desk at work . . . I told Lorraine that when I am having one of those crazy school office type days - it will remind me to that the world is full of wonderful people and I just need to remember to laugh.  Thank you again Lorraine - for making my day!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that it all arrived safely and you are enjoying it. It has given me great pleasure to visit my blogging friends and to share with my "pig ladies".

    ReplyDelete