Saturday, March 16, 2013

vintage suitcases . . .

 
I found these great old suitcases at an antique store last week . . . very reasonable and in pretty good shape.  I am using them to store some of my fabric.  There is a story about how I got them home.
My hairdresser moved to a new shop which is near some antique stores.  I was early getting to my appointment so decided to go into one of the shops that I like - and I found a couple of small items and then these suitcases.  No big thing - right? . . . except that I had planned on walking home after I had my hair done since it was such a nice day.  I debated for a second about coming back to get the suitcases later . . . but they were so reasonable - I didn't want someone else to get them before I got back.  So I get my hair done and start walking home.  My husband even called me to see if I had changed my mind about a ride . . . but I really wanted to walk.  I happened to be wearing a long pink hippy type skirt on this day.  So there I was - walking down the street in my long skirt with a suitcase tucked under my arm (luckily the smaller one fit inside the larger one - so I wasn't carrying them both by the handle - that would have looked even sillier).  It was about a two mile walk home - and it was about 5:00 so there was plenty of traffic.  I actually had an older lady stop and ask if I was ok and if I needed a ride - (I guess I must have looked like I was running away from home with my old suitcase)  My family just laughed . . . they are pretty sure that my picture is going to show up somewhere online . . . oh well - the suitcases are great and it was a beautiful day to walk home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment