Sunday, February 8, 2009

2-8-1959

Dec. 1960

It feels like I have been celebrating my birthday for a week - ever since I opened the package that Amy and Sue sent me - but today I am officially 50. I have been excited about this milestone birthday - I look at pictures like this and think of everything between then and now, and I realize that life is truly a blessing - no matter what it throws you. (I am loving the little coat I have on in this picture - I am thinking that my mom probably made it.) . . . and I am holding an ear of corn? - this picture was taken at my Aunt Hess' farm. I think there are other pictures of me through the years standing by a tractor - what better way in Iowa to show how much one has grown. : )

"The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." ~Muhammad Ali

1 comment:

  1. Well, I missed your b'day, Clare. I hope it was a good one. Best wishes for at least 50 more.

    ReplyDelete