Saturday, February 21, 2009

Up and Ready to Go!

Saturday morning and I have been up since 6:00 - I have already been to the gym to work out, done two loads of laundry, and finished a page in my journal. What is wrong with this picture? - I don't usually sleep in much later than 8:00 on the weekends - but up at 6:00 and I worked out??? I was supposed to have watched this little pixie this morning . . . (She reminds me of a little flower bud in this picture.) . . . as it turned out - Jennifer did not have to go into work. So I am up and ready to go and no baby to watch. It does feel good though - to have a head start on everything this morning. Although - I just sat down with a cup of coffee - and if I pick up a book - that may just be what I do all day.

Where did this week go? I have been reading every chance I get - and I tend to lose track of time when I do that. I finished "Edgar Sawtelle". It was OK. It took sort of an unexpected twist that kept me interested enough - but there were times I felt like it just went on and on. After that I was in the mood for some easy reading. A friend had recommended "The Shack" - which is an easy read. I have talked to people that did not like it - but I did. And now I have to see what all the talk is about. I started and am just about finished with "Twilight".

The weather turned damp and cold again - just like February to tease you a little bit with some sunshine and warmth - then let you know that it is still winter. I can't seem to get warm this morning - so a hot cup of coffee and a book sounds much better than doing laundry. Although . . . it would be very good for me to get some things in order in my house that have been frustrating me. So what to do with a full weekend ahead of me . . . ?
Make a list - (I am one of those people). And actually by making a list - I will probably try to get everything done on the list (including the reading)- which will probably leave me feeling very satisfied with my weekend.

2 comments: