Saturday, February 28, 2009

Sadie Loves Weekends


We laugh at Sadie during the week when we get up early and get ready for work. She is usually sleeping at the foot of our bed - and she completely ignores us. I guess she remembers one of the few times she had to go outside and is afraid that unthinkable situation will happen again - or maybe she just doesn't want to get up so early herself. Whatever the reason she will not even acknowledge a scratch behind her ears. If she could make herself invisible - she would.

Weekends are completely different. Richard usually gets up first - and after awhile she will follow him out to the kitchen. She doesn't seem to mind getting up if it is her choice. Then . . . she decides I need to be up too and she comes back into to wake me up. After that she usually follows one of us around the house or yard - with an occasional nap somewhere nearby.
Today she has settled herself on the bed near me as I am cleaning the bedroom and working on taxes. I really do enjoy her company.

1 comment: