Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!
This is such a fun holiday - but then I think every holiday is fun. I do believe in romance - I am a hopeless romantic. But Valentine's Day isn't really about romance to me. (Oh - he has to remember - it isn't like I would let him off the hook on such a holiday). I have been married for 27 years - through ups and downs, good times and bad - I don't really need a holiday to know that I am loved and don't really like to make too big of a deal out of it in that aspect. I probably did more when I was younger, but not so much these days. I get much more excited when I get some silly little surprise from him on a random day - just because he feels like it. Valentine's Day for me is a great day to make heart shaped pancakes, watch silly romantic movies that make me cry, give my kids a little something to remind them that I love them, and if romance finds it way into the picture - I'll take that too. ~ It is a holiday made for "Ooola"
I mentioned something that was inside my Ooola coffee mug the other day - this bracelet. I love it!
"Love is what you've been through with somebody." ~James Thurber, quoted in Life magazine, 1960

2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day Clare Helen. Awesome bracelet!! You are loved by so many!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think love should be celebrated every day. Hope you did get some romance too though on the V-day. Take care.

    ReplyDelete