Friday, February 6, 2009

Ooola

This was on my desk when I got to work this morning - a birthday gift from the wonderful girls I work with. There was also something special inside - but I haven't taken a picture of that yet.
"Ooola" started as sort of joke with some friends at work. Marcia had a cold and I made a comment that I hoped I didn't catch it - she sort of waved her hands around me and made a joke that I was protected. I thought it was funny and we repeated the gesture for a couple of days with others for whatever reason. A few days later I started calling it "Ooola" - but it has since come to mean a lot of different things. If someone is upset or sad - we comment they need some ooola.. If someone is in a great mood and being silly - they are full of ooola. A fun flashy ring or rhinestone t-shirt for example would be considered to have ooola. - Just a fun word I made up to cover all the kind . . . caring . . . happy . . . fun . . . silly . . . thoughtful things we all share. It even caught on with the my boss. He has a beautiful salt water aquarium in his office - the day he added some purple fish - he referred to them as ooola fish. We have a lot of fun with it. Just a silly word - but it has a lot of meaning to me. So this wonderful mug from my dear friends means the world to me.
"Friendship isn't a big thing - it's a million little things." ~Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful thoughtful gift! I hope your day was full of Oola!
    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete