Monday, November 5, 2012

Lily's birthday gift

I got it in my head that I wanted to make Lily a tent for her birthday this year.  A place where she can go to be by herself, or to play, or to read . . . or to do what 4 year olds do best.  So Richard built me a simple frame.  Which by the way took him longer than I thought it would because he always does such a good job on projects that I ask him to make for me.  Although he pushed it a little close on this one - we actually finished it the morning of Lily's birthday party.
I also sewed up a bunch of pillows for her to use in her tent.  The good part about these pillows . . . I have had these pillow forms around for a few years and now I finally used them and they are out of my closet!   
So after eating, opening presents, and blowing out candles on the cake . . . out came Papa's screw gun and his littlest helper and we put the tent together.
I don't know if he could have gotten it together without her.  : )
Here she is with all her pillows and her new Hello Kitty sleeping bag.
We decided that she needed some lights in her tent . . .
. . . lady bug lights of course!  : )
And now she has her own little place to hang out.  Jennifer sent me a text around 10:00 that night, saying that Lily loved the tent and had spent most of the night in it. 
I love when I come up with an idea for a gift (especially when it is something that we have made) - and the person really likes it. Even better when that person is a very special four year old.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LILY BUG!

2 comments:

  1. Such a precious gift you have given her, her own little fort...I remember my kids loving to set up a small tent in their bedroom when they were little and play in it for hours...and all those colourful pillows are a great addition to the cozy space. Happiest Birthday to sweet Lilybug!

    Laurie Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I want an adult size fort with pillows for myself. :)

      Delete