Monday, November 5, 2012

More Shabby Charlottes

  I enjoyed working on some of my dolls this past weekend and was able to get 3 more completed.  We also finished up a tent to give to Lily for her birthday - but I don't really have good photos of that yet - so will post about it later.
I pulled the hair back in a pony tail on this one - and actually took a sundress out of my closet and ripped it up to make her dress.
One of the things I enjoy the most when making a doll is picking out what lace, fabric and trim to use for each one . . .
 . . . and I am finally using all the little broken necklaces and charms that I have accumulated.   I guess I knew that one day there would be a use for them.
Had to make a red head!  I think she is one of my favorites.
This was one that I made last week . . . but found another little necklace in all of my junk that I thought she needed.
. . . and one more! 
I mentioned that I would really like to try selling these little dolls.  So I may set up a shop on Etsy this week.  I have never done anything like that - but think it would be fun to try.  I have a lot of ideas for more dolls and a few more to stuff and dress this week.

2 comments:

  1. Clare, these Charlotte's will do really well! So glad you will be opening a shop...what an exciting new adventure!
    Laurie Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Laurie - I'm excited about it. It is something I have always wanted to do. Hopefully will have time to get it done this week. I have to get on Etsy and figure out how much I should sell them for now. have a great day

    ReplyDelete